Starting at Stork Cafe Restaurant you can reach many destinations in just a few minutes cultural of interest as well as in places suitable for fun but also relaxation.
The area is a tourist attraction for its rich archaeological treasures, as well as for the beautiful cities, the stone preserved villages, the historical churches and monasteries, beautiful beaches, but also the cosmopolitan summer resorts of the wider area
ANCIENT THEATER OF EPIDAURUS: The ancient theater of Epidaurus is located at the southeastern end of the sanctuary which was dedicated to the healing god of antiquity, Asklepios, is 12 km from Ancient Epidaurus and in the nearby area are also the sanctuary of Askli. It is built on the western slope of Mount Kinorti. It is considered the most perfect ancient Greek theater in terms of acoustics and aesthetics. is far away.
Palea Epidaurus Small Theater: The Palea Epidaurus Small Theater or commonly referred to as the Epidaurus Small Theater is located near the settlement of Palea Epidaurus in Argolida, on the “Island” peninsula, on the citadel of ancient Epidaurus. The construction of the theater began in the 4th century BC. and continued in Hellenistic times, while modifications were made in Roman times. The theater was dedicated to the god Dionysus and had an initial capacity of 2,000 spectators, while in its current state, due to the destruction of the upper seats, it initially had a capacity of 800 seats and 1000 later. Its existence was not known, because it was covered with soil and was located in 1970. Two years later, in 1972, excavations began, which continued in 1989. After 1998, in the small theater of Epidaurus, events take place every summer, part of the Athens and Epidaurus Festival, with music concerts and theatrical performances.
Archaeological Site of the Asclepieion of Epidaurus: The Archaeological Site of Epidaurus is one of the most important in the ancient world that enchants the human soul with its beauty and majesty. This is a place that reflects the brilliance of Greek culture through the archaeological findings of unparalleled value.
The ancient city of Epidaurus dominated the Argolic land, overlooking the Saronic Gulf. The mountains Arachneo, Korifaio and Tithio create a natural embrace, which protected the state from the winds, giving it a wonderful climate. Plenty of gurgling waters, beautiful natural landscapes and favorable climatic conditions created the ideal place for the healing of man, with the power of the gods.Thus was created the Asclepieion, the seat of the god physician of antiquity and the most important healing center of the entire Greek and Roman world. Although it was the main sanctuary of the small seaside town of Epidaurus, its fame and recognition of its importance quickly surpassed the borders of Argolis and was considered the place where medicine was born.
Sunken State – Ancient Epidaurus: Within walking distance from the beach “Kalymnios”, on the coast of Epidaurus and at a depth of just 2 meters stretches the “sunken state”. Mycenaean tombs of the 12th century BC, walls, foundations of buildings, amphorae and sections of paving are clearly visible through the clear blue waters, either passing by boat or swimming. In some places even the ancient jetty survives
The Archaeological Museum of Epidaurus is located within the Archaeological Site of the sanctuary of Asclepius in Epidaurus, which was the metropolis of all the Asclepieia of the ancient world. It was built to house the many and important findings of the multi-year excavation of the Sanctuary of Asclepius (1881-1928), which was carried out by archaeologist Panagi Kavvadias and the Archaeological Society.
Ancient Epidaurus – Port: In a very close distance (1.5km) is the picturesque port of Ancient Epidaurus, ideal for walking and relaxing, all hours of the day
Nea Epidavros: Nea Epidavros is built inside a steep cliff, in a place that made it invisible from the sea from which it is not far. The choice of location served to protect the village from pirates. The natural fortification of the place was reinforced by the existence of the Byzantine castle that still stands half-ruined on the steep rock on the north side of the settlement. The First National Assembly of the Greek revolution took place in Nea Epidavros, on December 20, 1821. The National Assembly of Epidaurus voted on the New Year of 1822 the first Greek state and defined the blue and white flag as the Greek flag. At that time Nea Epidavros was called Piada and after the liberation it was renamed to its current name.
See also in the area of Epidaurus
MYCENEAN DOMESTIC TOMBS OF ANCIENT EPIDAURUS: at Ag. Theodoroi location.
ACROPOLIS OF VASSA (NEA EPIDAVROS): a settlement of the Middle Helladic period that was preserved during the Mycenaean times.
PYRAMID CONSTRUCTION: an enigmatic building, in the area of Kambia, made of huge boulders that is considered as one of the Pyramidal constructions of Greece.
NEA EPIDAVROS CASTLE: an ancient settlement that was strengthened during the Byzantine times and was used as a castle by the Venetians.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.